Jackie Bantle's Presentation
Tips For First Year Gardeners (and a refresher for others).
We are grateful for Jackie Bantle's content rich presentation from the University of Saskatchewan. Please note that the University of Saskatchewan offers a fantastic distance education program called the Prairie Horticultural Certificate that covers all of these topics in much greater depth, as well as additional topics including IPM strategies, arboriculture, turfgrass, landscape design, etc. We highly recommend it to anyone with a life long love of gardening!!!
1) Location and Soil Basics
2) Crop and Seed Selection
4) Fertility and Compost
5) Spring Prep, Watering, Weeding
6) Cool Season Crops
- Cool Season Crops 1 (alphabetical)
- Cool Season Crops - Brassicas
- Cool Season Crops - Potatoes
7) Warm Season Crops
8) Perennial Vegetables
9) Commonly Seen Garden Diseases
10)Common Garden Pests
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.